The Pirelli-branded Serie 02 tyre range is expanding: the new H02 Pro Trailer is here, a new series of tyres designed for use on articulated trailers for large loads and volumes, single- or multi-axle, ideally suited for long-haul operation.
The Pirelli “Serie 02” Series is Expanding with the New H02 Pro Trailer
It supersedes the previous ST:01 Neverending Super Single and is already available throughout Europe and in Turkey in the following sizes: 435/50R19.5 and 445/45R19.5.
“Thanks to the investments we have made in R&D over the last two years, the overhaul of the range and the introduction of the new Serie 02 lines will only accelerate in 2023,” explains Alexandre Bregantim, Chief Technical Officer of Prometeon Tyre Group. “Our goal is always to provide our customers with products that offer cutting-edge performance.”
The H02 Pro Trailer range benefits from the Serie 02 Prometeon Engineered technological innovations and has been designed to offer the highest levels of efficiency and optimised operating costs. It offers new standards of safety and load capacity and a fuel consumption category which is now Class A for the 435/50 and Class B for the 445/45.
Compared to the previous range, it offers improved safety (+20%, thanks to the greater wet grip performance, 3PMSF approval and new tread design); load capacity (+10%, up to 10 tonnes per axle); reduced rolling resistance (-20%) for lower fuel consumption; and installation operations are also streamlined (+20%).
Compared to the competition, the H02 Pro Trailer is best-in-class in the 435/50 R 19.5 size for fuel consumption, wet grip performance and external rolling noise. In comparison, the 445/45 R 19.5 size is best-in-class for load index (up from 160 to 164), as well as being the only model among its premium competitors with 3PMSF marking and RFID sensor.
Like the whole Serie 02 series, the H02 Pro Trailer range has 3PMSF winter marking (which can only be applied to tyres which pass a specific test defined in UN Regulation No. 117), is fitted with an RFID (Radio Frequency Identification Device) sensor, and benefits from approval from the major European vehicle manufacturers.
Some of the innovations which set the H02 Pro Trailer apart include:
- SWITe (Spiral Wire Technology) – The cable of the zero-degree spiral belt has a new geometry and an increased diameter, promoting durability and resistance
- HR4B (High Resistance 4 Belts) – Belt configuration designed to maximise the flexibility and structural strength of the casing, helping to improve handling, durability and retreadability
- SHTB (Super High Tensile Belt) – Cords are made with high-strength steel, providing high flexibility and preventing propagation of corrosion, ensuring the integrity and longevity of the casing
- COBe (Cross Over Bead) – The reinforced bead, in combination with the newgeometry of the metal threads, provides great flexibility, strength and high load capacity
- DLTC (Dual Layer Tread Compound) – The outer layer provides high mileage, excellent road-holding and shortened braking distances; the inner layer helps limit heat build-up and provides lower rolling resistance with greater tread integrity.
The new product has been designed to offer the high standards of efficiency in fuel economy, safety and load capacity which set the H02 Pro Trailer range apart.
It features six longitudinal grooves to encourage even wear, with the two outer ones larger to ensure efficient drainage of water and better driveability; the four central grooves are narrower to increase tread rigidity and guarantee the maximum mileage and lowest fuel consumption without performance compromises in the wet.
The ribs feature special cylindrical ducts’ which promote stability and braking in the wet, while the central grooves feature variable geometry to offer excellent wet handling throughout the tyre’s lifespan, with reduced noise for improved acoustic comfort outside the vehicle.