Continuous development runs through the veins of Magna Tyres leading to ongoing performance improvement in its tyres
Improved Magna M-TERRAIN and M-TERRAIN+ Tyres
Magna Tyres is always committed to deliver the highest quality products to meet the ever-evolving needs and preferences of its customers. Msagna believe in the relentless pursuit of excellence, which is why they consistently invest in research, development, and innovation to keep improving their range. This is what Magna did for two of its tyre patterns. The final phase is completed and Magna is proud with the results. The Magna M-TERRAIN and Magna M-Terrain + tyres have been improved on several levels.
Working on the Improvements
Magna went to the basics of these tyres. In doing so, they looked at all tyre areas for room for improvement and started working on them. The latest improvements are as following:
- In the inner carcass, Magna added reinforcing rubber to increase the thickness of the sidewall with 5mm. This was to enhance the sidewall stiffness and reduce flex fatigue of the sidewalls during operations.
- Magna made the bead material thicker, by changing the nylon/steel part. This avoids the wheel edge from hitting the bead.
- They adjusted the sidewall compound. This results in 16% improvement of flexibility performance. Furthermore, it reduces the propagation after any crack occurs in the sidewall.
- The steel in the carcass is adjusted, resulting in higher intensity and better stiffness. Also, the safety ratio of the casing improves from 8.73 to 9.65 with these changes.
- The tyre manufacturing process was adjusted. This increased the carcass density, with an improvement of 10% of the safety index and a thickened turn up position of the sidewall.
In conclusion, these two tyre patterns still meet the requirements of mandatory certification of tyres for mining and construction equipment. During improvements the company focused on making its tyres safer, stronger and more durable.