The General TE95 by Continental provides continuous traction performance in road and construction applications. V.ply technology and an optimised tyre contour provide high stability. Matching addition to the existing General Tire series.
General TE95 for Road Construction
Continental is expanding its General Tire portfolio for the earthmoving industry with the General TE95 tyre. The tyre impresses with high traction, especially for soil compaction work in road and construction applications, and, like the entire product line, is equipped with V.ply technology. With this expansion, the General Tire tyre portfolio grows to a total of 18 tyre specifications for the earthmoving industry.
The first General Tire earthmoving tyres were launched in early 2020 – the portfolio now includes a total of 14 sizes, which are used on wheel loaders and dozers as well as on dump trucks and scrapers.
The optimised tyre contour of the General TE95 ensures even pressure distribution on construction vehicles such as single-drum compactors. This keeps construction site soils smooth during compaction. However, sandy, muddy or stony soils can be a challenge for construction vehicles. That’s why the General TE95’s geometric, robust tread blocks provide continuous traction performance in a variety of soil conditions.
As with all General Tire EM tyres, V.ply construction technology ensures strong sidewalls on the TE95, providing optimal protection against punctures and cuts. Comprehensive product portfolio for earthmoving applications.
The General TE95 complements the existing General Tire V.ply Earthmoving range. As of now, the General Tire portfolio for the earthmoving industry consists of the following tyres:
- General TE65: Low aspect ratio and wide base for wheel loaders and dozers used in heavy-duty digging and loading operations
- General TE191: Heavy-duty wheel loader tyres for digging and loading operations
- General TE 6: Bidirectional L3 tire ideal for skid steer loaders
- General TE188: Multi-purpose earthmover tyre for ADT, RDT, loader and scraper applications
- General TE132: Wide base tyre designed specifically for dump trucks in rough off-road conditions and shorter distance.
- General TE11: Rugged tire design, mainly for grading work
- General TE95: Uniform pressure distribution thanks to wide base, ideal for compaction work with compactors
All tyre lines benefit from the innovative V.ply technology. V.ply technology combines the advantages of cross-ply tyres and radial tyres, by integrating a weave pattern of different strands laid out at special angles. Since steel cord does not provide an optimal bond between the carcass and the rubber casing, V.ply technology uses a high-strength polymer.
The carcass of a General Tire V.ply tyre consists of up to 22 layers of diagonal fibres embedded in three wire cores and precisely aligned in a V-pattern. Unlike conventional cross-ply tyres, the intersecting textile layers of a V.ply tire are arranged at an angle of approximately 30 degrees. Together with the sidewall layers, this provides increased tyre stiffness and enables a higher level of stability and durability during sudden movements and cornering.