The winners have been announced for the inaugural Recircle Awards via a virtual ceremony, with total voting numbers exceeding 9,000 for the debut event. Award winners hail from five different continents.
Winners Announced for the 2021 Recircle Awards via Virtual Ceremony
Valebridge Media Services (VMS), the Crewe, UK and Madrid, Spain-based media services agency, has announced the winners of the inaugural Recircle Awards 2021, the globally-facing industry awards event recognising sustainable innovation, production processes, management and services within the tyre retreading and recycling sectors.
In total, over 9,000 votes were cast across the 18 awards categories that were open to the public vote, with significant engagement in the voting process being received from all corners of the globe.
The winners of the 2021 Recircle Awards were as follows:
- Best Tread Rubber Supplier: VIPAL RUBBER
- Best Tyre Recycling Industry Supplier: ECO GREEN EQUIPMENT
- Best Retreading Equipment & Accessory Supplier: VIPAL MACHINERY
- Best Casing & Tyre Disposal Services Provider: TIRE CORE INTL
- Best Tyre Derived Recycled Product: CEVE CINTEMAC
- Best Retreading Industry Innovation:VIPAL RUBBER
- Best Tyre Recycling Innovation: PYRUM INNOVATIONS
- Retread Industry Fleet Award: GIRTEKA LOGISTICS
- Best Publicity Campaign: SIGNUS ECOVALOR
- Employee of the Year: LEO LINKESCH (Marangoni)
- Business Innovation Award: SEGINUS
- Best TyreRetreader: MARANGONI
- Best Tyre Recycler: TYRECYCLE
- Best Company Director: DARIO ANDREANI (Insamar)
- Spirit of Retreading Award: KAYEL TYRE RETREAD
- Tyre Pyrolysis Award: SCANDINAVIAN ENVIRO SYSTEMS
- Tyre Repair Award: TECH
- Business Breakthrough Award: FORNNAX
David Wilson, Managing Director of Valebridge Media Services, commented; “We were delighted to see such a high level of international participation in this first edition of the Recircle Awards, and we’d like to thank the readers of Retreading Business and Tyre & Rubber Recycling for helping to make this project into a such a globally inclusive event.”
Additionally, VMS has announced the winners of two Lifetime Achievement Awards for the tyre retreading and tyre recycling industries respectively, selected by a voting committee managed by the respective editors of Retreading Business and Tyre & Rubber Recycling.
Winner of the Lifetime Achievement Award for the Tyre Retreading Sector was Hans-Jürgen Drechsler, the former Technical Director of BIPAVER, whilst the equivalent award for the Tyre Recycling Sector was awarded to Valerie Shulman, General Secretary of ETRA.
“We would like to offer our heartfelt congratulations to all our winners and nominees,” said David Wilson. “We were particularly pleased to note that the twenty award winners hail from five different continents, thereby emphasising and validating the global nature of the Recircle Awards. The excellence of all our award nominees has helped illustrate the vital and significant way in which the tyre retreading and recycling industries contribute towards the Circular Economy.
“We would also like to express our gratitude to our main sponsors Autopromotec, Trophy Sponsors Marangoni, Silver Collaborators Kal Tire and Bronze Collaborators Kraiburg, Tech, Salvadori and Vipal for their generous support of this event,” he added. “We look forward to engaging with the market once again later this year, when we launch the Second Edition of the annual Recircle Awards for 2022.”